Here goes a collection of links I find very useful to keep handy regarding RESTful APIs and Python:
- eve: Python REST API Framework (Flask, MongoDB and Redis)
- Flask API (lots of future and nice projection, not the best documentation)
- Flask-Restless (only for SQLAlchemy, but with a lot of features like pagination, filters, pre/post-processors, etc.)
- Restless is a lightweight API framework that aims to be framework agnostic.
- Developing RESTful Web APIs with Flask and mongodb (from the author of eve).
Dealing with speed
- json, from the Python standard library, is slow and performance can be improved using ujson
- SQLAlchemy has an option to cache connections: connection pool.
Special thanks to Juan Norris for creating and letting me share the original document here.